In every book, there lies the possibility of your entire life changing.
These titles were not selected lightly.
In our lifetimes, we can only read so many books. As someone who has consumed hundreds of nonfiction works, I have become increasingly picky, and you should be, too.
These are the rare gems that left an indelible impression, sparking an unavoidable trajectory shift in my own life, and often in the lives of my clients.
Trust your intuition. The right book for right now is waiting for you.
1. The Crossroads of Should and Must by Elle Luna
I was fortunate to meet Elle Luna during her book launch and this is the go-to book I gift to fellow resilience warriors: the thinkers, speakers, event makers, hosts and storytellers who I have the good fortune of connecting and collaborating with. It’s a bit of a sleeper – massively loved, but most have never heard of it, which makes it special, unlike massive best sellers where everyone already has a copy.
Most importantly, you can read (and re-read) this visually stunning call to purpose in just a couple hours, rather than sitting on the shelf of good intentions gathering dust.
2. Wherever You Go There You Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn
3. Attached by Amir Levine and Rachel Heller
4. Loving What Is by Byron Katie
5. The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
6. The Art of Non-Conformity: Set Your Own Rules, Live the Life You Want, and Change the World by Chris Guillebeau
7. When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times by Pema Chödrön
8. Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
9. Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
10. The Art of Possibility by Rosamund Stone Zander and Benjamin Zander
11. Mistakes Were Made (but not by me) by Carol Tavris and Elliot Aronson
12. Awakening the Soul by Michael Meade
13. Maybe You Should Talk to Someone: : A Therapist, HER Therapist, and Our Lives Revealed by Lori Gottlieb
14. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
15. This Messy Magnificent Life: A Field Guide to Mind, Body, and Soul by Geneen Roth
16. The Happiness of Pursuit: Finding the Quest That Will Bring Purpose to Your Life by Chris Guillebeau
17. The Happiness Hypothesis by Jonathan Haidt
18. Belonging: Remembering Ourselves Home by Toko-pa Turner
19. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo
20. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life by Mark Manson
21. Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams by Matthew Walker, PhD